Nanbudo is a modern martial art sport with several disciplines. The main disciplines are kata (forms) and combat disciplines: ju randori, nanbudo kumite and ki nagare kumite. Kata can be executed barehanded or with weapons (Bo, Katana, Jo…), and ju randori can also be barehanded or with a weapon (Bo). Ju randori is a specific modern martial art sport combat in which there is no fear of injuries, which really represents communication through movement, and with a lot of attractive techniques shows the full complexity of a martial art sport. Nanbudo kumite is a light contact combat that includes kicks, punches and throwings. Ki nagare is a pushing hands combat technique adaptable for all ages and levels of sportists and practicants. In kata disciplines competition can be in singles, pairs, teams, self defence or scenic, with or without music. Nanbudo sport is therefore a fairplay and sportsmanlike discipline that helps build the body and the spirit of young sportists.
- World Nanbudo Championship 2021. September 2, 2020
- In memoriam Yoshinao Nanbu : TV show Good Morning Croatia, May 7 2020 May 8, 2020
- Croatian TV Evening News, April 30 2020 May 6, 2020
- IN MEMORIAM: YOSHINAO NANBU (1943-2020) April 28, 2020
- Good example from Croatia! March 26, 2020