Nanbudo is a modern martial art sport with several disciplines. The main disciplines are kata (forms) and combat disciplines: ju randori, nanbudo kumite and ki nagare kumite. Kata can be executed barehanded or with weapons (Bo, Katana, Jo…), and ju randori can also be barehanded or with a weapon (Bo). Ju randori is a specific modern martial art sport combat in which there is no fear of injuries, which really represents communication through movement, and with a lot of attractive techniques shows the full complexity of a martial art sport. Nanbudo kumite is a light contact combat that includes kicks, punches and throwings. Ki nagare is a pushing hands combat technique adaptable for all ages and levels of sportists and practicants. In kata disciplines competition can be in singles, pairs, teams, self defence or scenic, with or without music. Nanbudo sport is therefore a fairplay and sportsmanlike discipline that helps build the body and the spirit of young sportists.
- WMAA & CROATIAN NANBUDO FEDERATION IN COOPERATION INTRODUCING FIRST INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON NANBUDO MARTIAL ART SPORT November 12, 2018
- Nanbudo world champion tries olympic combat sports boxing, taekwondo and judo October 17, 2018
- INF Excom publishes a 2018-2022 concept paper October 9, 2018
- 6th INF nanbudo World championship October 4, 2018
- ANOTHER GREAT NEWS: DAVID N’HANNACK JOINS INF TEAM October 4, 2018