Nanbudo is a modern martial art sport with several disciplines. The main disciplines are kata (forms) and combat disciplines: ju randori, nanbudo kumite and ki nagare kumite. Kata can be executed barehanded or with weapons (Bo, Katana, Jo…), and ju randori can also be barehanded or with a weapon (Bo). Ju randori is a specific modern martial art sport combat in which there is no fear of injuries, which really represents communication through movement, and with a lot of attractive techniques shows the full complexity of a martial art sport. Nanbudo kumite is a light contact combat that includes kicks, punches and throwings. Ki nagare is a pushing hands combat technique adaptable for all ages and levels of sportists and practicants. In kata disciplines competition can be in singles, pairs, teams, self defence or scenic, with or without music. Nanbudo sport is therefore a fairplay and sportsmanlike discipline that helps build the body and the spirit of young sportists.
- GAISF – with potential new members/international federations July 25, 2018
- BREAKING NEWS: JAN MOEN JOINS INF TEAM July 20, 2018
- Edin Mahmuljin and Diego Maradona in Moscow at the Football world cup July 11, 2018
- Iranian delegation at International nanbudo Summer camp July 3, 2018
- National Committee of Nanbudo organized a championship by Royal federation of Judo and other martial arts June 20, 2018